When using the 4000 series you will need 4 parts to make up the system. A stud, grommet, retainer, and receptacle. There are many options for each of these items as you will see. Selecting the proper components for your application is simple using the data tables provided on each component's page.
*The most important decision to make is to use a Fixed Depth receptacle or Adjustable Depth receptacle as this greatly affects the stud selection process.
When designing a new application it is best to select components from the inside out.
1. Determine which Receptacle you want to use.
2. Select the Grommet you wish to use.
3. Select a Grommet Retainer (snap ring retained grommets only).
4. Select a Stud Length (dash number) for the Total Material Thickness (TMT) being fastened. That is, all panels together including gaskets and gaps (if used).
5. Finally, select a Stud Head Style and Material.
Once you have determined all of the above and selected the components to be used, be sure to select the appropriate associated tooling which can be found here. Tool part number MS-4P3 (stud plier) is required for any installation. Other tools will be determined by the parts you select. If you have questions or are not sure which tools are required, just Contact Us. We will be happy to help.